Scanner connectivity

furkin 12:29 02 Feb 04

Hi all,
I have just bought an ACER T120 kit. For some reason, I can't get my scanner (Agfa SnapScan 1236s) to work. I am using XPHome. I have two drivers that are used on XP (Scanwise 2 & Fotolook 3.6) I can't get the Acer to recognise the scanner at all.
The scanner still works well on my previous machine (on either driver) so connectors / cable / scanner are o.k.
The connector on the Acer works alright, as I use it for a printer !!!!

I have contacted both Agfa & Acer,,, neither of them are aware of a compatability issue !
Does anyone have an idea of what my problem might be please ?

thanks in advance
omega

AndyJ 14:56 02 Feb 04

From the Agfa webiste it says that if you're using Scanwise on XP for this scanner:

"The user account used for scanning must belong to the "Power Users" group or the "Administrators" group. The scanner will not work with a normal user account or a guest account.
There is no workaround and there will be no fix for this"

So double-check to make sure you have Administrative rights.

furkin 18:13 02 Feb 04

thanks Andy,
The computer in question is my Home one. As far as I am aware, it is set up purely as a single, home P.C.
Any more advice please ?
thanks
Omega

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…