SCANNER - ccd OR cis?

sorefingers 21:01 18 Jun 04

I need to decide on a n upgrade scanner - I have been advised (PCWorld) that the Canon Lide 80 is the bees knees!!
I think it uses the CIS technology as opposed to the CCD type.
I scan mostly photos and a few slides, and wondered if anyone could advise me on the subject.
My current model is the Visioneer 9000 - which does ok and uses power from the USB2 connection, but I am disappointed with the photo scan results.
Thanks 4 any help.

€dstowe 21:13 18 Jun 04

The best thing to do is ask for a demo using your own item for scanning.

€d

sorefingers 21:15 18 Jun 04

...not many outlets have scanners linked to computers nowadays!!

€dstowe 21:19 18 Jun 04

I would have expected a place like PCW (you mentioned them) would be able to oblige.

woodchip 21:32 18 Jun 04

Epson Perfection

woodchip 21:33 18 Jun 04

More money but a better scanner

woodchip 21:38 18 Jun 04

Or go for this EpsonCX3200 click here
it does not need computer on, the scanner can print photoes etc. edge to edge printing

sorefingers 21:46 18 Jun 04

Woodchip...had the CX3200 4 about 12 months....passed it on to a family member....wasn't too fussed about its performance though - but printed fabulous photos.

Wilham 22:14 18 Jun 04

I bought a Canon Lide80 because I couldn't find the Visioneer 9320 I wanted in UK.

Canon is good for A4 scans, but it doesn't do mounted transparencies, and I find the carrier for copying film too fiddly.

I thought I'd splash out on a quality dedicated film/slide scanner in eBay. There I saw a Nikon Cool pic, recent model. The seller wrote he had a v large no. of slides to copy, he'd done about a hundred but realised it would take years to do his collection and had lost patience.

It mirrored my own position. So now I instead look for a scanner that will do half-dozen or more 35mm frames at a time.

sorefingers 22:17 18 Jun 04

Wilham - are you happy with the Lide 80's performance?

Wilham 22:40 18 Jun 04

sorefingers, my Canon Lide80 isn't used much. I have an all-in-one printer and that's good enough for everyday document copying, sending email etc.

Canon is good for photo digitising, though Visioneer has better specs. The 9320 price is basic 150 us dollars, and now you can buy it in UK the price is high.

Canon's film carrier I dislike.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…