Scanner & Camera Wizard not detecting camera

rebran 11:27 18 Aug 05

I have Windows XP with service pack 2.

My computer has ceased to recognise my camera automatically, using the windows Scanner & Camera Wizard.

I have tried to add it as an Imaging Device, by opening the Control Panel – Scanners & Cameras and clicking on “Add an imaging device”. (I do not have an installation disc for the camera.)

Despite the camera being switched on and connected to my PC, I get this Error Message:- “The Computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. Please make sure the device is turned on and properly connected to the computer."

I am still able to view my pictures, because “Camera (F:) is added to my PC under “Devices with Removable Storage”, but this method is not as satisfactory.

Is there a means of remedying this problem, so that the camera is detected by the Scanner & Camera wizard?

Roy Branson

johnnyrocker 11:38 18 Aug 05

try removing in device manager re booting and see if pc will then pick up new hardware.

johnny.

rebran 12:27 18 Aug 05

Many thanks, Johnny.
As suggested, I have used the Device Manager.
However, when the camera is re-connected and recognised, it appears under Camera F drive.
In the Device Manager it appears under the DISK DRIVES instead of the Imaging Devices.

Stuartli 13:11 18 Aug 05

That's because it is regarded as a removeable drive in the same way, for instance, as a card reader/writer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…