Scanner & Camera Wizard No Longer Running

babybell 09:40 16 Jan 08

I have a digital camera which when i plugged it into my pc and switched it on, the XP Scanner & Camera Wizard launched and i could download the pictures to a folder but more importantly i could rename the pictures in one go with the team we were playing against and the date. I would then upload them to our website. However recenlty when turning on the camera nothing happens and if i launch the Scanner & Camera Wizard manually it says no camera can be found. If I go into My Computer, the camera appears as 'Removable Disk' next to the Hard Drive icon. I can still get all the photos but they all have names like dc00125 and as i have hundreds of match photos on there i dont want to have to rename every single one. Does anyone know how i can restore it back to how it was? Cheers

Stuartli 11:32 16 Jan 08

Windows would appear to be using the wrong drive letter as you state:

"..the camera appears as 'Removable Disk' next to the Hard Drive icon."

From Services (Start>Run>services.msc>OK, scroll to Windows Image Acquisition and check it is Enabled for either Automatic or Manual.

babybell 12:02 16 Jan 08

I've just ran services.msc and it is set to automatic. It's like you said, rather than showing as a camera its appearing like a memory stick?

babybell 12:02 16 Jan 08

I've just ran services.msc and it is set to automatic. It's like you said, rather that showing as a camera its appearing like a memory stick?

Stuartli 12:38 16 Jan 08

Just like a memory stick, SD card or whatever is used with a memory card reader/writer, a digital camera is regarded as a removable drive by Windows for obvious reasons.

You may well find it much better to use a memory card reader/writer rather than the camera itself to download pix files (don't delete files in the camera via the computer system, only from the camera itself).

Using a reader/writer should/will bring up the correct drive letter(s).

Stuartli 12:40 16 Jan 08

See:

click here

with regard to Registry changes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…