Scanner & Camera Wizard

Mike@#36 11:45 15 Oct 06

Is there a way of starting this without having to unplug and re plug.

I take my CF card out of my camera and plug it into my card reader, which initiates the scanner & cammera wizard that allows me to name files and download to specific folders etc. However if I only select some of the pictures - because I want to save them with different names etc then the wizard closes after the first download. The only way to get back is to unplug the card and then plug it in again to open the wizard.

I can't find a 'start scanner & camera wizard' option - am I looking in the wrong place.

anskyber 11:53 15 Oct 06

Do you mean the wizard ( I assume you do) or do you mean the autoplay facility which asks you what you want to do?

Mike@#36 11:56 15 Oct 06

Yes I mean the wizard. I want to be able to go back and download other files to other locations with other names etc.

anskyber 12:33 15 Oct 06

Which OS are you using?

anskyber 12:35 15 Oct 06

In XP its Start>allprogrammes>accessories>camera and scanner wizard.

anskyber 12:41 15 Oct 06

I should have added once there if you right click on "scanner and camera wizard" you can send a shortcut to your desktop to give faster access.

jack 14:29 15 Oct 06

Don't use Scanner & Camera Wizard'
Simply put the card in the slot.
Open 'My computer'
The card is shown as a new 'Removable Drive'
Open the folders
Select your pics
Put'em where you like.

Mike@#36 15:03 15 Oct 06

anskyber,
I'm using XP MCE but scanner and camera wizard does not appear under Start>accessories>etc

Jack,
Simply cutting and pasting does not allow you to name pictures sequentially, just copy the camera file name to the new location. So the wizard is useful.

Does anyone know what the .exe file is that starts it?

anskyber 15:11 15 Oct 06

Thats odd. I have XP MCE.

Totally-braindead 15:14 15 Oct 06

anskyber just had a look at my setup and its there just where you said it was.
Only thing I can assume Mike@#36 is that it has somehow been moved to another folder. You could try using the Windows search facility to find it and then put a shortcut on the desktop as suggested.

Mike@#36 15:24 15 Oct 06

I've tried doing a search but although there are plenty of wizards none are the scanner and camera wizard. Can someone right click on properties of thiers and let me know which folder, or what the full file name is please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant