Scanner Advice

James xp 20:29 28 Sep 03

Hi everyone. We have £80 to spend on a usb scanner. As well as ordinary scanning, we need to scan 35mm film negatives. Has anyone got any adivice or recommendations.

thanks

Carol & Jim R

woodchip 20:37 28 Sep 03

Not at that price, only second hand or from a comp fair.

James xp 20:42 28 Sep 03

We know its not much money.Its all we have left after buying a new system. So all reccommendations gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Carol & Jim R

JIM 21:04 28 Sep 03

Perfection 1670 Photo

£88.12 inc £75.00 ex vat
Collect 88 Dabspoints

click here

woodchip 21:06 28 Sep 03

Yep I have the 1250, but at that price you will not get a film adapter with it

JIM 21:10 28 Sep 03

Hope i not wrong believe it is new model.

click here

Whether this is your first time or you are a photo enthusiast, EPSON?s latest Perfection range has your perfect home photo scanning solution. Features including our new colour restoration software, will bring originals back to life. Together with a sleek new design and all the exclusive EPSON technologies that ensure exceptional quality, speed and ease of use, home photo scanning is better than ever.

Simple to integrate

Whether you work on a PC or Mac, these scanners are easy to incorporate into your desktop set up. Their sleek, compact design ensures efficient use of space and will make a perfect match for EPSON?s range of Stylus Photo printers.

Photo handling
The Built-in Transparency Unit includes robust film holders that are stored safely in the scanner lid and enable a range of film formats to be scanned quickly and easily. Scanning directly from negative or positive film is useful for achieving the best results when printing enlargements.

woodchip 21:14 28 Sep 03

If you read it you will see that the film is an extra on your first link. click on the more info button

Djohn 21:16 28 Sep 03

Yep! if you click on the link from JIM then scroll to the bottom and click on specifications. It gives full details of negatives. looks like a new model. j.

Djohn 21:18 28 Sep 03

JIM's link took me to the 1750!

Djohn 21:22 28 Sep 03

JIM's second link took me to the 1670 and that one does handle negatives at the price JIM says.

woodchip 21:29 28 Sep 03

The link photo's and models have changed from when I first looked at Jims first link cannot believe it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…