Scanned picture too large

rawsongreen 16:17 23 Feb 04

I am running Windows XP and an Epson CX3200 printer scanner.When I scan a A4 picture to file the result is a very much larger picture than the screen,is it possible to get one nearer screen size.

Clint2 16:26 23 Feb 04

D/load a free program called Irfanview which may be of assistance. I believe is popular with members of this forum. click here

ventanas 16:29 23 Feb 04

If you are scanning at 100% the result will be an A4 scan. There should be an option in the scanner interface to reduce this, if you want to reduce the print size. Otherwise just use the zoom control in whatever image editor you use to see all of the image.

You can also adjust the final resolution of the scan to adjust the actual size. This will be expressed in pixels per inch (ppi).

rawsongreen 17:50 23 Feb 04

Many thanks, irfanview looks good.

woodchip 18:09 23 Feb 04

Reduce the DPI on the Scanned image or use different Photo Editing Program

Bapou 18:11 23 Feb 04

No argument against Irfanview, good prog but why not download from Microsoft 'Power Toys' the Image Resizer for XP, it's free.

In the advanced section you can choose the size you want and then just delete the original.

rawsongreen 12:18 24 Feb 04

Thankyou everyone I will try everything.I should have said I was opening the files in 'Paint'.
Any other comments will be gratefully received.Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…