Scanned Negs to CD

Sheila-214876 13:57 02 Feb 04

I took some negatives to a commercial company to be scanned and put on CD. When I got them back and viewed them using PSP I found that they had been chopped. ie. the tops of heads were cut off, some of the sides were missing etc. The company who did it for me said that was normal. Now, I am a professional photographer and when I print negatives I can print all of it with no cut off. I have now bought a film/transparency scanner (£90) and scanned my own negs and I don't get any cut-off at all. How come my £90 scanner can do it but a commercial company (who must have paid upwards of £5000 for a film scanner) can't?

Djohn 14:10 02 Feb 04

Why not contact this "Commercial" company and ask them to re-do the work or refund any cost incurred?

Sheila-214876 14:59 02 Feb 04

Djohn. Done that already. They say they can't better it. Will give Boots and Jessops a try and see if they can better it. But as I have now got my own film scanner there doesn't seem to be any point.

Pesala 15:06 02 Feb 04

Any company giving that kind of lame excuse deserves some free publicity.

Djohn 15:09 02 Feb 04

As you say, it does seam strange why they can't include the full negative on the CD. I suppose there must be a reason. Seeing that there will be enough of a border round each negative to allow for the scanner to hold and transport the negative, I can't think of one.

Sheila-214876 16:10 02 Feb 04

Pesala. No, not yet, would like to see what results I get from other company's first. If they are the same then, yes I will say who they are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5