scanned forms

lizzy2 09:55 27 Jan 03

I wish to scan some forms with a view to filling some details in later. Will I be able to do so, and what should I save them as (PSF doesn't work). I am using Word 2000, Windows XP and a Cannoscan scanner.

With thanks

Elisabeth

Gongoozler 10:10 27 Jan 03

lizzy2, in my experience scanning forms for later completion is rarely successful. Modern OCR software may be better than my old version, but I don't find it very good at maintaining the structure of the form. Instead, what I do is to scan the form into the OCR and save the text in Word. I generate the form structure separately as a table, or a number of tables to be similar to the original form by setting the rows and columns to be the exact width and height I want, and then I paste the scanned text where I need it.

Wak 15:23 27 Jan 03

Hi Lizzie2, I have a program called Form Pilot by Invention Office which scans a form and saves it.
Later you can then enter the details on the correct lines etc and then either print out the completed form or just print out the details on to a pre-printed form in the printer.
I think it was taken from a free magazine disc but I'll try and trace it if you wish??

Djohn 15:36 27 Jan 03

click here may be of interest to you, Regards. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…