Scanned documents-convert into Word-How?

Kooji 14:28 11 Feb 09

Hi all,

Can anyone help. I have scanned some documents (saved as PDF files) and I wonder, is it possible to access, or save them in Word. I would like to chop and change some of the paragraphs and add my own notations before printing off. Is it possible to do this-if so, how is it done? Simple explanations very much appreciated.

Kooji.

wee eddie 14:40 11 Feb 09

Optical Character Recognition.

Run that on the Document.

sunnystaines 14:41 11 Feb 09

does your scanner software not give an option of different formats to save docs too.

Kooji 14:54 11 Feb 09

Hi wee eddie and sunnystaines.
I have an Epson Stylus DX6000 scanner. I'm not sure it has an OCR option. I have file save settings which are: PDF,BITMAP,JPEG,TIFF.I save the documents I scan as PDF files and they automatically open with Adobe Reader, which is fine but I can only read them from there. I really would like to move them into Word so that I can work on them. Is that an option with the kit that I have?

Kooji

wiz-king 15:06 11 Feb 09

No, they are picture formats.
You will need a OCR programme, there may have been one with the scanner. If you click on the printer in the programs menu it may give you more options. I don't have that printer so I cant have a look.

Grey Goo 15:10 11 Feb 09

As has been advised you need your documents saved as a text file rather than a scanned picture image.

Clapton is God 15:21 11 Feb 09

Doesn't look as if this model has OCR software click here

Grey Goo 15:23 11 Feb 09

Should have ABBYY fine reader with it.

Clapton is God 15:25 11 Feb 09

Look here click here

Kooji 15:48 11 Feb 09

Hi again all of you really great people. SUCCESS!! I have found the ABBYY fine reader (I had no idea what the heck it was until just now) sitting in the all programs menu. I followed the instructions and have achieved what I wanted. So another Triumph for this fantastically helpful forum.
Many Many Thanks

Kooji

Grey Goo 21:06 11 Feb 09

de nada

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…