Scanned document problem

ianneedshelp 15:33 27 May 05

A friend has scanned a document and sent it to me but I cant open it. I am using windows 98SE and have Kodak Imaging for Windows and Epson PhotoQuick 3.4. The error message is "the documents format is invalid or not supported" any ideas?

alB 15:57 27 May 05

You need to find out what file format the document has been sent to you in, (jpeg,tiff,bmp etc), right click it and select properties that should tell you what it it, next you need to download and install a viewer program that will open that particular file, (and others) members on the forum seem to favour Irfan view but there are plenty of other free ones about, some are available from click here

Hope this helps...alB

ianneedshelp 16:33 27 May 05

Its a 'tiff' document that should be opened by the software that I have Epson or kodak photo image. Il try another and see if that helps

pauldonovan 23:29 27 May 05

If not, send it over and we can try and tell what it is. Tiff should be fine in the kodak image viewer, even if it is multi page tiff.

Rtus 00:37 28 May 05

try right clicking the file & choose Open with & browse to the aplication required..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…