Scann,Copy Or What

TINDO 15:20 08 Jul 03

Can someone tell me how to scann and be able to change the details on the scanned document.The main problem is i can`t change the format to Doc so i can open with word and i can`t change with the JPEG format. I am using WIN XP PRO & OFFICE PRO

Wak 15:38 08 Jul 03

There are two ways to scan a document.
The first is to open the Word-processing program or the Graphics program you are going to use and then go to File/ Acquire (or select) and select the scanner or item you wish to use in conjunction with it.
The second way is to start with the scanner, go into Scanner Preferences or Options and select the program to which you intend to send the scanned document.
Post back if you need any further pointers.

Magik ®© 15:41 08 Jul 03

have you got the OCR programme running, it comes with the scanner, you will need it if you want to alter text.......or is that not what you are after?

Wak 15:42 08 Jul 03

PS. Once the document has been scanned into the program, you will then be able to edit it and save it as required, depending upon the facilities of the chosen program.

Jester2K II 15:43 08 Jul 03

As Magik ®© says you need to use an OCR program (OPtical Character Recognition) that can convert your scanned document into a DOC file.

What scanner have you got and what progs are you using??

wotbus@ 18:13 08 Jul 03

HP Scanjet 4470c......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…