Scaner driver for xp home

I have upgraded to xp home from 98se and now can't get scaner to work.Tried to download a new driver from the Agfa website but they say that they are not going to write an xp driver as they have stoped making scaners, how nice of them. Have I got any options or do I just throw it out of the window and go and buy a new one?

beeuuem 20:56 18 Jan 04

Which model of scanner?

wawadave 20:57 18 Jan 04

one of the reasons i duel boot m.e-xp is my scaner is like your no xp driver. only solution i had.

VoG II 20:57 18 Jan 04

Try click here - username drivers, password all

You will have to gib=ve more info than you've posted here!

If you can't find an XP driver a W2K may well work.

BillEmm 21:50 18 Jan 04
  bpzoom 23:58 18 Jan 04

If BillEmm suggestion did the trick then fine. Otherwise if yours is a Snapscan 112P without an on/off switch, AGFA do supply a driver which works OK although not written for XP. The link is click here scanners in the Product category pop-up, choose your scanner 1212P, on next page select the driver you need which is Scan Wise 1.4.0.1 beta driver. It works fine.

Stuartli 09:50 19 Jan 04

I have an Agfa 1212u scanner - I upgraded from Windows98SE to XP Pro last year and it uses a Microsoft driver; I also downloaded the XP version of ScanWise at the time which works fine.

The driver is listed in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbscan.sys and version is: 5.1.2600.1106(xpsp1.020828-1920).

I would have thought that a version for the 1212P would also be provided in XP.

Thanks for your help guys

It is a 1212p without a switch, will try some of the sugestions and let you know how I get on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now