Scandisk...it must like me! :)

Fateful Shadow 17:07 04 Sep 03

I've searched on the forums for my problem, and I got a lot of ones saying that it wouldn't appear after an improper shutdown.

My problem is exactly the opposite! It won't go away! It thinks every shut down is an improper one, when really they are proper.

Any thoughts on how to stop this occuring?

Thanks again :)

Fateful Shadow 17:09 04 Sep 03

Sorry...forgot to mention that I'm on my WinME computer...trying to fix it after my mum and dad had there way with it :)

Fateful Shadow 17:15 04 Sep 03

I just got a download off Microsoft and installed it. It was something about the virtual cache and an IDE hard drive?!

Anyway...hopefully it will work :)

Fateful Shadow 17:22 04 Sep 03

Nope...still no luck. Scandisk still appears even after a proper shutdown. I thought I was going to be able to sort out a problem myself then :P

holly polly 18:37 04 Sep 03

i sympathsise with you ,i myself run me and always have the same problem it is well documented at microsofts site
click here;en-us;q273017
try this i myself have read it till the cows come home to no joy hope u have better luck than me -hol pol...

holly polly 18:40 04 Sep 03

goto the link i have provided and type in the search box 273017
you will find everything microsoft wants you to know-hol pol...

Fateful Shadow 22:44 05 Sep 03

It stopped! I just ran scandisk on a normal scan (even though it kept telling me to do a thorough one) and now it doesn't appear anymore!

Thanks for the help :)

daba 22:54 05 Sep 03

This might mean there is still the underlying problem lurking on your HDD, but running a normal Scandisk has reset the 'dirty' flag.

Have you tried anything else, like Norton's WinDoctor, for example?

Now you've got it stopped, have you tried running 'thorough' again ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…