Scandisk - -setting autofix as default ?

Chris69 12:05 20 Oct 05

Somehow I've managed to "turn off" the default setting for ScanDisk to automatically fix errors it finds.

Therefore whenever Scandisk runs (e.g. after a bad shutdown - perish the thought ...) it keeps asking for my agreement to fix problems.

How do I re-establish autofix as the default ?

Many thanks for anyhelp

BH34 12:45 20 Oct 05

How to Run ScanDisk
To start ScanDisk, use the following steps:
1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click ScanDisk.
2. Select the options and features you want to use, and then click Start.

Automatically Fix Errors

If you want ScanDisk to repair most errors automatically without any prompts, click the Automatically Fix Errors check box to select it.

Chris69 13:38 20 Oct 05

Dear BH34

Many thanks for your suggestion, but when I follow it autofix is already selected as the default.

However, whenever Scandisk starts itself (after a bad shut down) it doesn't have the autofix box checked, and won't allow me to change it.

Any ideas on how to change the default on the "auto-starting" version of Scandisc ?

many thanks

BH34 13:46 20 Oct 05

Have a look here click here and click here

Chris69 14:02 20 Oct 05

Dear BH34

Thanks for such a swift further reply - and for the great links ...

Unfortunately they only seem to have info about changing settings for when Scandisk is run from Task Scheduler, which doesn't seem (on WindowsME) to change the settings when Scandisk starts itself after a bad shut down, as opposed to a planned/scheduled task ...

But thanks for the suggestions anyway !

best wishes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…