scandisk problem

belgarth_the_sorcerer 16:59 08 Mar 03

can anyone please help me out im trying to run scan disk on windows 98 system everytime i attempt this i get a message saying :SCAN DISK IS OUT OF MEMORY...Your computer does not have enough available memory to complete this task. If any other programs are running, quit one or more of them, and then click OK.....no other programmes are running at the time im trying to do this scan the virtual memory is set up using the windows feature automaticly also im getting a message saying i have a KUANG2 VIRUS yet when i went to p.c pitstop no virus was detected??
help me plz
thanx

Terrahawk 17:07 08 Mar 03

go in to task manager shut down all programs
BUT NOT systray and explorer and try scandisk again for online AV scan try this one they are good

click here

recap 17:22 08 Mar 03

click here;en-us;q132832 the article refers to W95 but should still be applicable.

powerless 18:14 08 Mar 03

When you go to shut down choose the restart in ms-dos mode...

At the prompt type: SCANDISK

then press enter.

This will do the basic check.

The check the disk in thorough mode you have to type:

SCANDISK /ALL /SURFACE

(from memory)

The above is all texed based if you do not like this...try this...

When your computer is starting keep tapping the F8 key (if the F8 key does not work it maybe the left Ctrl key) then you will be given an options screen choose option 3 which is safe mode. Press ok...

It will look strange but you can run scanisk in the normal way that you would do in widows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…