Scandisk

al 19:59 10 Jan 03
  al 19:59 10 Jan 03

I am not able to do a Thorough scandisk. Standard scandisk OK. Have tried untick auto fix errors.and Advanced. also Defrag is OK. all in safe mode.

Joe McG 20:02 10 Jan 03

al, what Os are you using!.

al 20:17 10 Jan 03

Hi Joe Mcg. Iam using Windows ME.

Joe McG 20:30 10 Jan 03

al, i've never used ME, but i believe it has a restart in dos command, if not download a win98 start-up disk. insert it into your floppy drive,and when the propmt appears typein C:\ scandisk ( one space between \ and s.

click on the following link for a win98 start-up disk, if required.click here

al 20:43 10 Jan 03

Joe Mcg. Thanks Joe. I will give it a whirl, after I.ve had my bath. Will reply to you shortly. Al.

al 15:34 12 Jan 03

Joe Mcg. Hi Joe I a soory I hd no success with your suggestions.. My fault proably.I've got 2 98 startup discs tried both butno good. perhaps you could be more specific about the instructions. I switch on the comp, then insert the statup disc, but nothing happens. I go into Msdos prompt, type in C:\ scandisk next to C:\windows. IE C:\Windows C:\ scandisk, press enter but nothing.

Cheers Al.

powerless 15:39 12 Jan 03

At the Msdos prompt type A:/scandisc

al 10:04 13 Jan 03

Hi Powerless. I tried your suggestion but it would only do a standard scandisk. I need to do a Thorough scandisk. it always freezes after only one segment. Cheers.

BRYNIT 10:31 13 Jan 03

do you get a funny noise from the hard drive as though it is trying to read but can't go any further.if so sounds like hard drive faulty.

DieSse 10:36 13 Jan 03

When the MS-DOS scandisk finishes, there is an option at the bottom of the screen to do a thorough test.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…