scandisk

pat2068 00:47 05 Oct 05

I have just done a disk scan on win xp it tells me bootex log was created and stored in the root of the volume could someone tell me where to find it so i can see if there are any errors thanks leo

AndySD 01:23 05 Oct 05

If Windows is on the c Drive the log will also be on the C Drive. Go via My Computer if you cant see it go to Tools then Folder Options then View and click Show hidden files and folders.

pat2068 01:38 05 Oct 05

i have tried both options you gave me and i cant find any files with either bootex.log or root volume any more help thanks leo

Gandalph 02:16 05 Oct 05

Click Start>Search then put in the name of the file you are looking for and then enter the Drive letter you wish it to search on and it will come up with a list or location of where the file is.

pat2068 14:03 05 Oct 05

i have tried searching for the file but i cant find it thanks leo

woodchip 14:23 05 Oct 05

The root log Is C:\ so press Win+E key's and expand my computer so you see the drives if you click C:\ it will be on the right look for .log

woodchip 14:24 05 Oct 05

In Search also try *.log

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…