Scandisc problem

bob308w 08:29 24 Dec 05

On 98SE, when I try to run Scandisc, I get the message " scandisc has restarted 10 times because windows or another program has been writing to this drive". I have closed all programs but still receive the same message, any ideas please?

VoG II 08:36 24 Dec 05
  bob308w 10:27 24 Dec 05

Thanks for your prompt response VoG, however I have done everything suggested in the link in the past hour and still receive the same message, does this suggest that my hard drive is heading up the creek minus paddle?

Skyver 10:30 24 Dec 05

You can use this to check & defrag your HD before anything else is given a chance to load click here

p;3 11:27 24 Dec 05

have you tried pressing ctrl.alt.then del. and see what programs come up in the box that should appear; you should be able to choose each one in turn to "close program" until you have only a few running; needless to say, you will need to restart your pc for full use after this; any help? I can usually get my scan disc to run quickly by closing just a few of the programs; of interest, do you have a screan saver active?

VoG II 11:29 24 Dec 05

Or use Enditall click here

bob308w 11:42 24 Dec 05

Thanks Skyver, but the evil brute will not even let me connect to the net now. I'm heading for town to treat myself to a new one for Christmas. The grim reaper can have this one.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year to yourself, VoG and all of those that have offered myself and many others advice over the past year.

p;3 11:49 24 Dec 05

in which case I think you have more problems that just scan disc; have you scanned your pc with any other programs to check for bugs and so forth yet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…