scan results

pat2068 02:03 04 Aug 04

when i scan with MWAV i get the following error
invalad entry\??\c:\program files\ fresh devices\fresh diagnose\freshl0 sys in system\ current control set\ services\freshl0 could someone please tell me what this means and how i can sort it i have searched everywhere and cant find anything thanks leo

Chegs ® 02:17 04 Aug 04

click here "It detects more than 74000 viruses as well as hidden spy software, illegal dialers, illegal sniffers, keyloggers and other things that may be of concern. The program is intended for manual scanning and does not provide any real-time protection, however it can be set to scan automatically at system startup."

Its alerting you to an application you have starting up.The program is called Fresh Diagnose,the system information program you have installed recently,and you dont need it starting with windows,so you can disable it with "msconfig" Or,stop this MicroWorld AntiVirus Toolkit app from starting with windows

pat2068 02:21 04 Aug 04

i have looked in msconfig for fresh diagnoses but cant find any trace of it unless it dosent use its that name i have even deleted it from the registry but it is still saying its there thanks leo

temp003 03:43 04 Aug 04

The scan result only says that it is an invalid entry in your registry at (probably):

HKEY Local Machine\ System\ CurrentControlSet\ Services\freshio

My guess is that the key contains an entry which refers to the file supposedly at c:\program files\fresh devices\fresh diagnose\freshio.sys

It probably means that MWAV can't find the file on your computer at the supposed location.

The bad entry could be bad program writing (writing an invalid entry in the registry), or an uninstall failed to remove old registry entries (common scenario), or you didn't uninstall properly.

If you're not using Fresh Diagnose, such an entry in the registry won't affect your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…