Scan programme for contencious material

lucky1 21:23 26 Mar 04

Some time ago (can't find it in search) there was a utility discussed which you could run to ascertain if your hard drive had any references to violence/sex/drugs etc. on it. Can anybody remember what it was please?

lucky1 23:08 26 Mar 04

After a lot of digging about on Google I found it, more by accident than anything else. Contentaudit.

GaT7 23:33 26 Mar 04

Thanks for that lucky1. Here is the link if anybody's interested - click here . It's a freeware online scan.

gudgulf 23:39 26 Mar 04

As a matter of curiosity I've just run a scan--in the knowledge that there is nothing untoward on my pc!

This scan has picked up all the sex/violent /adult content from my games folders and worse has interpreted letter combinations from within word sets--eg the problem "eros" gleaned from "thE ROSsendale Free Press" (local newspaper! and "nERO Smartstart" to name but two.

Absolute nonsense IMHO!

GaT7 00:08 27 Mar 04

Same here. Just did a scan myself. Totally agree! All the stuff it picked out was completely innocent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…