Scan Disk / Internet Explorer

drumlin 20:51 22 Feb 04

Two problems here - they may or may not be related :

1. Every time on start-up my system begins with scan-disc - even although it appears to have shut down correctly. (Windows Me).

2. When using Internet Explorer - the system just hangs up and a scan-disc sort of noise can be heard from the hard drive - as if it is looking for something and not finding it !! email is OK. Is my hard drive faulty ? (Scan disc claims it is but seems to refuse to fix it - I get caught up in a loop - please help.) I have downloaded Netscape Navigator which is how I am able to communicate !!

Amss81 21:35 22 Feb 04

1. If you still have your windows me disc you need to put it on you cd-rom and instead of re-intalling the operating system again choose the option to repair it.

2. Have you tried intalling the latest version of internet explorer? if not try that, ie can be found on the microsoft website.

canard 23:59 22 Feb 04

Check IE files-properties for size. If any looped you'll soon spot them!If so do a big back up and see if the PCA pundits can sort it for you without a re-install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…