Scan disk hang up !!!!!!!!

dkuk2000 19:59 08 Aug 03

My pc suddenly freezes up on me and i can only restart it by pressing the reset button on the tower.
Great problem solved.........NO cause it then comes up scan disk which starts fine but then that freezes up unless any ideals ????????

dkuk2000 20:00 08 Aug 03

Sorry i forgot to mention my os winme

spikeychris 20:04 08 Aug 03

Have you downloaded, installed or removed anything lately? Run a defrag and scandisk (whilst you can)

Use system restore if needs be..

hugh-265156 20:09 08 Aug 03
  hugh-265156 20:09 08 Aug 03

ME oops!

Fateful Shadow 20:12 08 Aug 03

I have that happen to me on my ME computer too. I find that if I have an improper shutdown, I cancel out of the scandiak at startup. I then close all the programs down in the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) exept for 'explorer' and 'systray'

Then I run scandisk and it works!

Hope this helps :)

Fateful Shadow 20:16 08 Aug 03

I know it's bad netiquette, but I cannot type today!

It should be scandisk and except :)

TommyRed 20:17 08 Aug 03

Try disabling all running programs ctrl, alt & delete click on all EXCEPT explorer and systray then end task, also disable screensaver and quicklaunch taskbar (right click on empty grey part next to quicklaunch select toolbars,then untick quicklaunch) don't forget to put it back later. This should allow scandisk to run whilst the other problem is sorted.

dkuk2000 20:58 08 Aug 03

Thanks everyone it seems that i can use scan disk again.
I used Tommyred's ideal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…