scan disk

how do i get xp to scan disk on boot up as i think this might solve my problem

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:03 22 Aug 04

If you think that you need to run scandisk at every boot then you have a deep seated problem which this action will not help....and the problems is?

G

Sheriff Rossco P Coltraine 11:05 22 Aug 04

try: my computer, right click on C drive (Main storage), go to properties then tools, error checking, check now and tick both boxes, ok and yes to run at startup.

so next time you shut down and re-start you will be running the scan disk

hop it helps

dont need to run it all the time its just never been done since reformatting 6 months ago

this is mt actual problem will it work
click here

ahhh i remember now cheer gandalf did you mange to look at my problem as i know your the man who can

nope made no diffence anyone know a soloution to my problem check the link above

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 22 Aug 04

Your printerss in stalled but you cannot install a 16 bit prog to moitor it, this is because of a damaged / missing windows system file.

Try typing sfc /scannow in the run box windows will scan and replace missing / damaged files. Have the XP disc in the CD drive during this opertation.

tryed it but one problem it keep telling mewrong xp disk

run that made no diff

okive just locatedsome file in windows/repair i pasted all thefiles into windows systerm 32 was i surposed todo that as itnow working

stalion 20:37 22 Aug 04

if it is now working you have done the right thing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…