scan to computer.

valskin 15:49 05 Jan 09

I have an HP2575 All in one. I am trying to scan photos plus documents to my computer. It is telling me to read the user guide. Have tried, but to me it is all gobbeldy gook. The helpline is useless, is there a 3 in 1 that will scan to computer when I press the "scan to" button. Could be an HP up for sale!!

DieSse 15:57 05 Jan 09

"... is there a 3 in 1 that will scan to computer when I press the "scan to" button..."

Yes the one you have now will.

Where is the "Scan to button" ? - a button on the printer, or a button to click in the software?

What actually does happen when you click it?

Have you got an "HP Solution Centre" icon on the desktop, or in the Program menus - if you have, what happens when you click that?

Has it worked previously?

Did you (or someone else) install the software which came with the printer, following the installation document - or did you just plug it in?

valskin 16:34 05 Jan 09

Thanks DieSee for prompt reply. The scan to button is on the printer. HP solution doesn't help, says I should connect the USB, but it is already connected! No hasn't worked previously. I installed it with the disc that came with .
Does Kaspersky installed make a difference?

DieSse 17:06 05 Jan 09

"Does Kaspersky installed make a difference?"

No.

If it doesn't think the USB is connected - that's the issue you need to solve first.

Try unplugging the USB cable, and plugging it in again. Let us know what messages you get, if any.

Try plugging in to a different USB port

Are you sure the USB socket you are connected to it working? Can you test it with a memory stick, or some other USB device?

If you look in Device Manager (ask if you don't know where that is) - are the USB ports shown as working OK?

Sea Urchin 18:22 05 Jan 09

Did you run the install disk with the printer disconnected from the USB port? If not, then repeat the installation and it will tell you when to connect.

valskin 11:30 06 Jan 09

I have tested the USB ports all working OK. Have disconnected the printer and reinstalled following instructions VERY carefully. Still getting "no scan options refer to troubleshoot" on the printer. Yes please to where Device Manager is!

Sea Urchin 11:47 06 Jan 09

Device Manager - go to Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware tab/Device Manager - USB probably towards the bottom of the list

valskin 15:56 14 Jan 09

Thanks Sea Urchin & DieSse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…