beansix 14:44 16 Aug 04

I and two others have just received the lastest version of what I remember as the 'Nigerian' scam ie 'we want you to help us get money out of the country - we will give you a cut'.

This latest one is supposedly from:
Mr. Joseph uzor

email [email protected]

Note that in his email, although he claims to be very senior, he does start his surname with a lower case letter (it is upper case elsewhere) and put a stop between bank and Lome.

My question is whether it is moral or legal to try to teach him a lesson by signing him up to all the spam that I can - including logging him on to the various chatrooms where the spammers harvest email addresses?

What do the rest of you think?

Graham ® 14:48 16 Aug 04

:-) I'm all for it!

johnsims 14:50 16 Aug 04

What a delicious thought!

xania 15:04 16 Aug 04
  plsndrs3 15:10 16 Aug 04

Let me think about this: I can enter these details all over the place, with no traceability to me and the address will be inudated with rubbish [just won't cost anything, unlike the poor targets]. Yep, I've already started ;o).

Just to add salt to the wound, I have also emailed from one of my 'dead end' email addresses with Yahoo that I no longer use saying that my friend has mentioned that he needs some help & I will be happy to oblige for a good percentage of the money - just to make sure he HAS to keep the email address live ;o))

Wonder how long I can keep this up before I get bored or run out of spamming rubbish?

But is this ethical-Aad should I care?!

Anyone else wanting to join in?

cga 15:15 16 Aug 04

I have a little concern.

This sucker deserves everthing he gets but... It is not only hime we are hitting but :-

His ISP (maybe complicit but who knows)

The general clutter on the net.

I agree it might be very satisfying to hit such a person but, on balance, I don't think the negative impact is worth that little bit of glee.

pj123 15:31 16 Aug 04
  beansix 15:33 16 Aug 04

To plsndrs3

To check what he says, you might like to know that his original email offers 30% of USD12 million!

VoG II 15:35 16 Aug 04
  GANDALF <|:-)> 15:43 16 Aug 04

Ther eis no point in clogging up his mailbox, he does not own it and will be less than pleased. Just report him to abuse at mac.

waamo 15:46 16 Aug 04

It's a waste of time signing him up, e-mail addresses are disposable and he will just ditch it.

Check ou click here to see what to do with him (the Trophy Room section is particularly good)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…