Scam Software offers?

I have received emails offering software at incredibly low prices, I believe this to be a scam to obtain credit card details.

The emails took me to a different site than that listed and of course I can no longer get to that site to determine the address!!!!

The site listed below appears to be genuine but I believe to be Russian in origin, I would welcome guidance on a site checker to determine the origin of a site.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:49 15 May 04

I have met people whio have bought from similar sites and the software arrived OK. Howver, one would have to assume that selling Photoshop 7 at $60 has to raise one's suspicions as to it's origin. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

G

Audeal 12:03 15 May 04

I am supprised that you open such e-mails. That is the best way to catch a virus. My advice would be to delete them without opening them.

If every person deleted unwanted e-mails then they may eventually stop sending out Spam.

bremner 12:06 15 May 04

click here

You will see this site is in the Ukraine - make your own mind up

spuds 13:18 15 May 04

This type of email is increasing,and nearly every week or so a post is made via this forum.Best to be a little cautious about the origin of both the software and the supplier.

g0slp 13:21 15 May 04

and I don't buy from them either!

Gandalf,

I would confess to be sorely tempted to look at that Photoshop 7, but resisted - just.

Audeal,

I am no spring chicken around computing, the post was meant as a warning. My AV is quite capable of handling any virus. Some of these odd posts are quite amusing!

Bremner,

Thanks for the link, I can now find more useful information, I wish I had the original sites rather than the one posted.#

Spuds and g0slp, I concur. I have marked the thread resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…