A scam email?

jz 18:29 23 Apr 07

I got this email, and wondered if it is a scam. But perhaps there is legistation about this. Anyone know if there is?

"Under Government Legislation introduced on 1st January 2007 companies in the UK must include certain regulatory information on their Websites and in the Email footers. Failure to do so is a breach of the Companies Act 1985, and you could be liable to
a substantial fine for authorising the issuance of a
non-compliant document.

Is your company compliant? To find out simply click the following link:..."

€dstowe 18:41 23 Apr 07

Could you post the link - but put some spaces in it so it doesn't turn into a live click here (e.g. after the www.)

Griffon 20:27 23 Apr 07

Well, whether it's a scam or not here's a link to the actual UK gov pages on this subject ...

click here

... and similar pages.

jz 21:45 23 Apr 07

Thanks. I'd prefer not to paste the link in case it's a nasty. I haven't clicked on it myself. Thanks for your link Griffon - the horses mouth.

€dstowe 08:31 24 Apr 07

The reason I requested a (non-active) link was because I was curious as to whether the originators of the email were trying to extract money from the recipient by offering to make a web site compliant with the new regulations - or something like that.

The new regulations are not that onerous and the information which is now a legal requirement on a commercial web site will already be present for most legitimate businesses. If not, it is a simple matter to add it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…