Scam cleaner/Pop-ups

Ex plorer 11:23 16 Nov 06

Hi trying to sort a problem with my sons laptop, as soon as he connects to the web there are page of banners.

A cleaner also pops up and I cant get rid of it it makes a wild gues of faults into tempting you to buy the program I know its a scam but its hell to get rid of.
In add Remove I have found a program called Banner CPM Browser Optimizer.
I clicked to remove it and a message came up your computer will not run as before if deleted.
What is CPM and should it be removed.

Ex

skidzy 12:01 16 Nov 06

Run these ,but i reckon its best deleted from add and remove first,it was probably a sponsor from a previous bundled piece of software that was installed.click here
If in doubt,create a retsore point first.

skidzy 12:02 16 Nov 06

Should read-create a restore point first.

Ex plorer 12:08 16 Nov 06

One more thing that pops up on switch on as the house is wireless and before connectining to IE I get a screen with Error Microsoft Explorer with what looks like banners also it may be a program but this is anoying as it wont go away on some occasions a restart is all that will solve the problem.

bof:) 12:24 16 Nov 06

Hi Ex plorer, as skidzy says plus also get Spyware Blaster free from here:

click here

it attempts to stop spyware getting onto your pc in the first case.

Update and run all of the programs. If they fail to remove the popup,

click here

read the please read this before posting items.

You need to register with the site (its free)

download and run Hijack this program and then post it onto the malware removal site.

They will be able to read the hijack this log and help you to remove all virus/spyware infections.

Mike

bof:) 12:30 16 Nov 06

download and run Hijack this program and then post it onto the malware removal site.

should read download and run 'Hijack This' program and post it to malware removal site.

-------------------------------------------------

Before you run Hijack This, make a folder called HJT on your hard drive C: (if thats your hardrive letter) if you can. Cut and paste Hijack this into it and run it from there.

Ex plorer 13:24 16 Nov 06

Iwent to help and support to creat a restore point clicked on it and it tells you what to do but it was going to take 4 hours that cant be right point me in the right direction please.

bof:) 13:32 16 Nov 06

have you done a checkdisk and defrag on the pc lately?

Ex plorer 13:53 16 Nov 06

ok sorted system restore Iwill now follow up on all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…