SB AUDIGY...Creative Player Crashing...

MjM Hellfire 09:33 17 Oct 03

Below are two error reports that XP gives:

szAppName : CTPlay2.exe szAppVer : szModName : CTABase.dll
szModVer : offset : 00041ce0

Running XP PRO, SB Audigy with 5.1 sorround, 2400XP, 1gb PC2700, 2x 40gb HD's, sony dvd rom & sony cdrw, g-force ti4600 & Asus A7v8x motherboard with latest bios update.

I have disabled the onboard sound, tried updating the drivers and software from Creative, have uninstalled and re-instaled twice, ran DXDIAG.exe and found no faults, yet it keep crashing when I goto rip cd's from wav's into MP3's for use on my server.

Any ideas appreciated.

brittas 10:12 17 Oct 03

Sometimes there is a conflict with media player. Creative player works fine under 2000. What I have done is to remove creative player and use media player 9 instead on one machine and have no problems or use roxio 5 platnum on the other with no problems. I would advise you use media player 9.

MjM Hellfire 10:49 17 Oct 03

I was going to do that, but Creative players has speacial sound effects via EAX, plus various diagnostic tools, which are very handy. Being a gamer as well and a music fan I need really good special effects, which EAX supply, thus I want to keep it.

I will try disabling WMP and see if there is any improvement.

sdf 10:54 17 Oct 03

as far as im aware the only effect you dont have access to using media player over the highly unstable media player is "dream" - though this always crashes my system before initialising anyway so no loss! you can access all the EAXs through the system tray icon

Chegs ® 12:18 17 Oct 03

I had a prob with XP and Creative install,I resolved it by running it in compatability mode.My prob was different in each time I tried to select 4 speakers the puter would crash.See if you can alter the compatability mode on the Creative MediaPlayer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…