Says I'm not connected but here I am?

MaggieP 12:26 19 Nov 08

The little computer icons at the bottom have a red cross on them and says 'You are currently not connected to any networks'. If I click on Connect to a network it shows Orange and Connected. Went into Network and Sharing Centre and it says I am not connected to the internet. The network diagnostics says a cable is not plugged into the network adapter 'Local area Connection'. Haven't touched any cables or disconncted anything so can anyone tell me what is going on?! Cheers

Clapton is God 14:18 19 Nov 08

How do you connect to the internet?

Are you part of a network or by do you use a standalone modem or router?

If NOT part of a network, in IE go to Tools; Internet Options; Connections and ensure that your ISP is set as the default and that 'Dial whenever a network connection is not present' is ticked.

MaggieP 14:26 19 Nov 08

It was showing Speedtouch Connection as the default rather than Orange, have changed that and ticked 'Dial whenever a network connection is not present'. Still got the red cross on the icon though? Thanks for your help (again)!

wis 15:17 19 Nov 08

MaggieP
in control panel, internet connections what shows up under lan or high speed internet
on one of my pcs i use usb, but ive also got
ethernet so it kept coming up cable unpluged
because not in use. if so just dissable one
not in use

MaggieP 17:14 19 Nov 08

wis
I have found Internet Connections and it says LAN settings do not apply to dial up connections, what do I have to disable?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac