Says i have run out of memory when i havnt !!

Hello folks well i have realised this whilst on fs2004 my screen just dissapears so i posted it on a fs forum and most people say its a memory problem but i have 4gb of ram my specs are :

q6600 2.7ghz
4gb ram
8800gt
win xp 32bit ( i know it cant take 4gb ram)

and basically i found out when i used voice recorder, i couldnt it come up with an error message saying i needed more memory but there was no other programes open so i re- installed all of windows xp to try and get it to work and i was gutted when it said the same thing, this is a big problem because when i try and go on games they always crash or cause errors, also i am dual booting it with vista so could that be a problem?
attached is a photo of what it says with sound recorder, hopefully you guys will be able to help me out

Kind regards Zack Clibbens

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

brundle 09:55 19 Apr 08

click here

Use Audacity instead; click here

Kalb 11:08 19 Apr 08

You may need to make a change to the amount of Virtual Memory the system is using.....as follows
Control Panel - System - Advanced - Performance - Settings - Advanced - Virtual Memory - Change
Notice that the Total page file size being used is shown...Make a note of this in case you need to change back.
Now look at the bottom Rcommended pageing file size...is that considerably bigger than the Total page file size being used at present ?
If it is change under custom size the Initial to that recommended value......make the Maximum the same size as well
Now click Set & OK
Has that cured the problem ?

DieSse 12:12 19 Apr 08

I notice from your screen shot that you have a security problem and updates waiting to be installed.

You should try correcting them. If you don't have an anti-virus program running, that could raise very serious issues.

thanks i have allready changed the virtual memory before this, i am not too bothered about the sound recorder thing, its just my games were doing this ( look at thread please)

click here

thats my main problem and many people thought it was to do with memory but i did not get any error messages

DieSse 18:15 19 Apr 08

I suppose strange goings on could be due to faulty and/or mismatched memory.

What is you motherboard, and what specification RAM do you have?

I do notice in one screen grab you have several instances of Internet Explorer open - and in another several IM sessions. Why not try things with a lighter background load.

And why are you ignoring suggestions to run in full screen mode from FSM forum members - It's worth trying at least.

You say you've got 4 GB of RAM - how much does Windows show (Control Panel - System - on the first page).

Hi again, it says i have 3.25

DieSse 19:25 19 Apr 08

Try running with just 2GB - then with the other 2GB and see if either combination is better.

Please don't forget the other things I asked.

Oh sorry i have a MSI P35 Neo2 motherboard and th ram is ocz high performance ddr2 memory dual channel kit, i have 4 sticks

woodchip 19:37 19 Apr 08

Too many background programs running, using system resources

Hmmm no when i took that screenshot i was not using any other programms and i think the system should be able to handle it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now