saying "uninstall" when it isn't installed

Adam Patrick 22:45 06 Jun 05

Hello
Was going through install process of new game (Madden 2005). I got as far as keying in ID number for game (on back of manual). I did this and was about to select the hard drive to put it on when suddenly I was interupted by Windows update which then asked me to restart PC (therefore not install game).
Once restarted I tried again to install game but this time I was only given option to UNinstall - no install (it thinks it's installed the game). I clicked on UNinstall - message came up saying "Unable to locate installation log file".
Conclusion: It thinks it has installed but there's no trace of it on "start/ all programs" or "add/remove programs".
Does anyone have any advice?

De Marcus 22:49 06 Jun 05

Use sytem restore to revert back to before the game was 'half' installed and try again.

Adam Patrick 23:49 06 Jun 05

System restore - is it a complex procedure?

Number 7 00:16 07 Jun 05

Do as De Marcus says, click Start> programes> System Tools, and look for System Restore.

You'll see some options, select Restore My Computer to a previous....

There should be a restore point created just prior to you installing the game, choose that one.

Your computer will be restored to the time just before you installed the game.

If you do restore, you'll have to download the Windows Updates again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…