SAVSERVICE - Memory could not be written

Confused as hell 10:36 07 Apr 08

HELP! Error coming up on PC at logon - "The instruction at 0x7c91103c referenced memory at 0x00440072 the memory could not be written"

No other errors occuring with the PC but it only happens after a weekend!

I have googled for different variations of this error and I have not come up with anything sensible - even on the Microsoft site.

PC is running Xp with up to date SP and patches.

Any help gratefully received.

Ditch999 12:10 07 Apr 08

This could be a Windows Management service error or a virus. Do you have Windows Update set to check for updates once a week on Sat or Sun by any chance?

Confused as hell 13:12 07 Apr 08

Hi, Windows update is set to run automatically at 0300. I am a little unsure if they would run over the weekend but would assume so.

It has Sophos anti virus on automatic as well in case that makes any difference - as you can see from my log in name I really am very confused and as you probably have guessed new to all this hightech IT stuff.

Hope this gives you some sort of clue - sorry if I am being vague.

Confused as hell 10:42 14 Apr 08

Just for info - in case anyone is interested - a local It guy had a look at the PC and apparently it is an error within the Sophos pack. The PC subsequently would not boot and ended up with a full re-install. So probably a combination of problems

Many thanks for suggestion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009