Saving a YouTube video

collinsc 18:49 07 Jul 08

Hi

Is there a way to save a video posted on YouTube?

Thanks

Sea Urchin 19:16 07 Jul 08

See here

click here

eedcam 19:27 07 Jul 08

I use this handy and freee you can convert within to a few formats
click here

rawprawn 20:02 07 Jul 08

click here and more

conrail 20:22 07 Jul 08

thy this click here

Chas49 20:28 07 Jul 08

Use eedcam's link to download YouTube Downloader Version 2.1.6. Install it - you will easily find the icon on the desktop after it's install.

1. Get the You tube site on screen, find the video you want to see.

2. On the right hand side, near the top you will see a link "more info" - click on that and the URL appears just below. Highlight and copy that URL.

3. Run the program YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER by clicking the icon on the Desktop. Make sure that the radio button 'Download video' is selected ( has the dot in it!).

4. Move the cursor into the box entitled 'Enter Video URL' - more likely than not the highlighted URL will appear - if not then paste it in.

5. Click OK and you will be asked to select a folder into which the flv file will be saved.

6. Select a folder and click on ‘Save’ and the video will download.

To Convert……..

Click on the radio button entitled ‘CONVERT VIDEO PREVIOUSLY DOWNLOADED FROM FILE.’

7. On the bottom box you will see a down arrow – click that and you can select the type of conversion you want – in my case AVI.

8. To the right of the URL in the Downloader you will be able to click on the button showing the dots. This will bring up the folder you saved the video in. Highlight the file and then click on the button ‘OPEN.’ You will see the file name appear on the Downloader window.

9. Click OK and a box ‘CHOOSE QUALITY’ – shift the slider as you wish and then click on OK. The file conversion now starts.

big bloke66 20:35 07 Jul 08

bookmarked

collinsc 21:06 07 Jul 08

thanks very much everyone

ronalddonald 07:14 08 Jul 08

resolved then tick the box

Stuartli 09:20 08 Jul 08

I use the free verson of Save2PC - any YouTube video downloaded is saved to a designated YouTube videos folder and listed in alphabetical order; in my case WMP11 is used to play the videos.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced