Saving a you tube clip

guesswho2 15:48 25 Jan 08

I'm trying to download and save an old Pathe News video clip from you tube and I saw a few minutes ago that Stuartli recommended 'save2pc'. I've now got this prog. but the video clip has been saved as an flv format which Windows Media Player says it can't use. Could someone help me out?

Stuartli 15:59 25 Jan 08

Download the clip again, but this time using Save3PC's drop down menu from the main panel to Save the clip in whichever format you wish.

By the way I don't have any problems viewing whatever is downloaded from YouTube on WMP - just download the Standard or Full K-Lite audio and codecs pack from:

click here

or click here

guesswho2 16:25 25 Jan 08

Thanks Stuartli - on your prompting I now see the drop down options. I'll try again.
But do you mean that when I install your suggestions re K-Lite codecs, that I should be able to download directly with WMP?
I have to say, having regularly watched your posts, that (a) you are a most helpful fellow and (b) that I assume you have at least a PhD in computing! Many thanks again. (but do let me know if I should be able to download in WMP.)

Gamer555 17:45 25 Jan 08

I use this. click here

It's very good. You can save the videos in many formats. including MP3 + Mpeg4! I found this better than the save2pc one.

guesswho2 17:58 25 Jan 08

Thanks Gamer555, I'll have a look at that too.
Wish I could find a decent explanation of Windows Movie Maker! Can't make head nor tail of it!

MAJ 18:04 25 Jan 08

"when I install your suggestions re K-Lite codecs, that I should be able to download directly with WMP?"

No it means that WMP will then have the codec to play it, guesswho2.

"Wish I could find a decent explanation of Windows Movie Maker! Can't make head nor tail of it!"

January's issue of PC Advisor has a "How To" on it.

guesswho2 18:17 25 Jan 08

Ah! Thanks MAJ. I'll have a look. What I need is something along the lines of an Idiots guide!

GroupFC 19:16 25 Jan 08

"Wish I could find a decent explanation of Windows Movie Maker! Can't make head nor tail of it!"

Plenty here to havea look at (as well as the programme help files!).

click here
click here

click here

click here

The mightycoach tutorials look a bit dated now, but I found them a very useful starting point.

Have fun!

Stuartli 19:31 25 Jan 08

If you create a folder to house your YouTube videos downloaded with Save2PC and list the path to the folder in the S2PC target form field, it will save downloads in alphabetical order of artistes or songs.

You can then click on any particular folder track and it will/should play in Windows Media Player.

guesswho2 20:04 25 Jan 08

Thanks GroupFC & Stuartli. This is my first venture into Movie Maker so I need as much help as possible - and I didn't find the MM Help files very useful. Nowadays I seem to be a very slow learner! Those tutorials do seem very useful so I'll swot up.

GroupFC 20:13 25 Jan 08

I have used movie maker quite a bit to make slideshows as well as films - if you have specific questions/problems just ask and I'll see what I can do!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video