Saving in Word

SusieQ 13:18 26 May 04

When in Word, is there anyway of knowing whether you have just performed a save (without having to do it again). I remember in Word Perfect, on the title bar it used to say 'modified' or 'unmodified' when you did a save.

Arthur Scrimshaw 13:44 26 May 04

If you enable the 'Reviewing' toolbar, there is a 'Save Version' button which will tell you your last save and enable you to enter further info.

conrail 13:47 26 May 04

just click pn the save icon, even if you have done, it better to do it twice than not al all. this wont tell you if you have saved it but better safe than sorry, I have save as set up as a toolbar icon, clicking on that will come up with the name I have saved it as if I have done it, if not it will offer to save as Doc <number>

Djohn 15:41 26 May 04

Type a test document of one sentence and save it. Close the document and open again, make a small change, just one character will do and close. the "Do you want to save change" dialogue box will, [Should] come up every time.

I sometimes forget to save an alteration and go to close but have always had this warning and it's just a matter of clicking yes/no. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…