Saving Windows XP Updates

Jakey boy 10:00 01 Jun 04

I've read other threads on this subject, but what I need help with is slightly different. I have Windows ME and a BB connection. Therefore I have no problems with downloading and installing updates for my own system. My Bro-in-law, has Win XP Pro, on a system I built for him, but he has no BB connection. If for some reason he needs me to do a fresh install of XP Pro, is there any way I can supply him with the complete set of updates from CD? In other words, can i download the XP Pro updates to a CD,(or to my HD and then to a CD) for use in updating his system if need be?

Stuartli 10:08 01 Jun 04

If you go to this thread click here
and scroll down towards the end, you'll find a description of the method I use.

Cesar 10:09 01 Jun 04

Order The security Updates from Microsoft
click here

Jakey boy 10:17 01 Jun 04

I actually have the Microsoft CD, but didn't realise it was also for XP. I thought just for ME/98/SE etc. I take it this will be enough for my purposes then?

iscanut2 13:09 01 Jun 04

The Microsoft CD only has updates up to Oct 03 in spite of it being "dated" Feb 04 ! You will still need the MS Hotfixes since Nov 03 to date from the Win Update site !

Jakey boy 13:20 01 Jun 04

Thats ok, they should be easily downloaded. It was just the bulk of them that was a worry, given the slow connection he has.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…