Saving windows XP SP1a to cd

dugit 15:41 01 Sep 04

I want to save my downloaded Windows XP SP1a from my computer to cd, how do I do it ?

holly polly 16:03 01 Sep 04

i take it the sp1a is a self extracting exe file if so there should be a icon where you saved the file on your comp ,drag the file (i use nero )and burn as a iso file -regards - hol pol....

Eric10 16:09 01 Sep 04

If you didn't download the admin version then click here to get it. Save to your hard drive and then burn it to CD. If you just got it through Windows update then I don't think you can save this but if I'm wrong someone will no doubt tell us.

TomJerry 16:25 01 Sep 04

it is free

dugit 18:03 01 Sep 04

dugit 21:28 01 Sep 04

dugit 16:47 02 Sep 04

spanneress 16:59 02 Sep 04

If you click the link on Eric10's post it will take you to the site where you can download SP1a, save it to a location on your computer then copy it to CD. You don't need to do anything more complicated other than that.

rawprawn 17:14 02 Sep 04

If you have lost it when downloading, type Windows SP1 into search, when it finds it put a cd in the drive, right click on the file you found and send to your cd drive. alternatively drag it to your CD Drive as holly polly suggested. My offer from your other thread still stands if you get desperate, but you shouldn't really need it anyway.

dugit 18:57 03 Sep 04

On downloading xpsp1a_en_x86.exe ,it said file was 125mb but after 3hr 51min it said downloading complete 68.2mb,and folder where I had saved file called it "self extracting cabinet"??what have I done Eric??

dugit 19:31 03 Sep 04

It caame up save as type:application or file I saved as file should I have saved as application??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…