Saving Windows Messenger Conversations

olyman 14:30 19 Nov 04

Messenger saves conversations in my received file in XML format. If I try to open a file I get this message "Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet"
How can I open these files?

ACOLYTE 14:35 19 Nov 04

i didnt know windows messenger did this thought it was jus msn mesenger that did it.but you may be able to open them in explore try right clicking select open with ,then Iexporer may work,i wright a few scripts with xml and open them in iexplorer.Or open office from click here should open them.

Danoh 15:23 19 Nov 04

When you click on a ".xml" file, which program gets fired auto by default to try and open it? You can change that default file association.

My I.Explorer 6 has the relevant XSL style sheet to open Messenger XML files.

olyman 18:55 19 Nov 04

Thanks for the comments.

Clicking on the XML file opens IE which displays the message quoted above together with the following:-

"The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Docu..."

Right clicking I can open in Notepad or Word but the conversation is obscured by details of each message, times ,font.style,etc.

I'm sure that I have been able to read these files in the past simply by left clicking.
It looks as though some error has crept in, perhaps during SP2 installation.

I don't have Open Office installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced