Saving Win 7 Updates for reload

Naseby 2 09:56 14 Jul 14

Is it possible to save Win 7 updates (100's) and put them back on a reload? Thanks Naesby.

alanrwood 11:01 14 Jul 14

It is not advisable as even if you save all the updates they need to be installed in a particular order and that is not published by MS as far as I know. Also any hardware changes could require different updates.

xania 11:19 14 Jul 14

I agree with alanrwood. Quite apart from anything else, MS do tend to learn from errors, so may well update updates (if you see what I mean) and others are overtaken by events. It does take some time to complete the updates process, and quite a few reboots as well, but IMHO the effort is well worth it.

Jollyjohn 11:43 14 Jul 14

Once I have completed most of the updates after a clean re install, I take a system image, so I can get back to this point quickly.

xania 13:18 14 Jul 14

I wait until all my software is installed and any updates for these are downloaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…