Saving a website for offline reading?

vpyne 25 Apr 12

Hi,

I have an upcoming university project which requires me to create promotional material in any format. I would like to create a website but I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to save a entire website on a disk of some sort without the actual website being live? I know it's possible to save individual web pages but I'm not sure if it's possible to save the entire site. The reason I ask is because I need to submit at a particular deadline and hand the website in on a disk so that it can not be edited after the deadline has passed but I feel it would be more effective if it could be navigated as it if were live (without it actually being live).

Can anyone help?

rubyrubyruby 03 May 12

I forget the name of the extension for chrome but it lets you save a website in basically one click - it won't be annoying like make a folder for you with images and all that stuff. (like what it would do if you just clicked Ctrl + S to save it.)

so google that.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message