Saving Updates..........

Bodi 09:01 24 Sep 03

Now my time on the internet is drawing to a close, I would like to know how to save updates downloaded from the internet if I have to reinstall O/S system. I obviously will be unable to download again.

For instance, the latest Windows Media Player - how would I save this in order to install it? This also includes latest Windows XP updates?

Updated virus protection would not be possible, but, using NAV, how do I save these updates?

I should probably know, but would like to prepare my machine for non-internet use, so would appreciate any help, please.

hugh-265156 09:24 24 Sep 03

go to windows update and click windows update find updates for ms operating your os and click the updates you want by clicking add,when finished click go to download browse to the folder you want to save in,it must be less than 50 download.when all done just burn to disc.

Bodi 09:33 24 Sep 03

Thanks huggy71 will do that straight away. You're an angel.

hugh-265156 09:39 24 Sep 03

i should have said,if you do not have the windows update catalogue link listed bottom left then just click personalise windows update and tick the box that says display the link to windows update catalogue under see also.

Bodi 09:09 26 Sep 03

My internet days are almost over - thanks to all those "faceless" silent angels in this forum.

My education here was a good one and my faith in human nature reinforced.

Thank you folk and bye.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…