Saving and transferring AVG8?

DWYRYD 00:39 18 May 08

I tried downloading and saving the free version of AVG 8 to memory stick in order to load it onto a frind's PC - As he has a pay-as-you-go internet connection it would take many hours to download. However, after inserting the AVG file into his programmes file, I ran the setup but it asked for the licence no., which I didn't have and so the process ground to a halt. Can AVG be saved to memomry stick or disk, transferred and successfully loaded, I wonder?

OCRIDION 01:12 18 May 08

Ensure the version u downloaded is a Trial. And then put the file u downloaded on the drive. When u downloaded it u may have had to give ur email address, this being because the license key for a trial would have been sent to ur email. If so, find ur key in there, then use that key to install it on his machine.

Acx 01:26 18 May 08

I would of thought it was possible, I have AVG 7.5 and Avg 8.0 .exe saved on an external hard drive and they work fine from there (when needed).

I would do it this way, go to
click here

Click> Download Avg 8.0 free
Choose> Save (Save to your desktop).

Copy/Paste avg_free_stf_en_8_100a1295.exe (45.5MB)from your desktop to memory stick.

Put memory stick in your friends computer and Copy/Paste avg_free_stf_en_8_100a1295.exe to his desktop from the memory stick.

Run the program from there. It should work.

Only other thing
Does he have a previous AVG install (a paid for one)? Could be it is looking for a paid for upgrade. Look in his Add/Remove Programs.

ashdav 01:28 18 May 08

Download AVG 8 from click here
Copy the file to a convenient place on your friends' computer then double click on the file.
There is no need for emails and licence nos. as the free edition comes with its own licence number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…