Saving tracks using Nero

grumpano 10:37 18 Jul 04

I want to save tracks to my hard drive to make a cd compulation. Can you tell me the format to use for the best cd quality, thenks

Molded 15:18 18 Jul 04

My personal preference is for mp3!

It is widely used and recognised by the majority of recent cd players.

Unless you are a hi-fi afficionado with top of the range gear , using mp3 at a bitrate of 192kbps should be ideal.

A sample piece of music ripped at different bitrates will let your ears decide which is best for you.

leo49 15:59 18 Jul 04

.mp3 is a lossy compressed format - fine for storing music on your PC where space may be an issue but domestic players do not play .mp3.

What Molded doesn't seem to realise is that when he burns an audio CD from mp3's on his PC, the software uncompresses them to .wav format prior to burning. However, when a music track is ripped as mp3 some of the information data is discarded in the process and gone for ever.Thus for the best audio quality and to accurately reproduce the original CD track you sould use .wav - the uncompressed raw audio format.

grumpano 20:30 20 Jul 04

So wav it is, Thank you Leo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…