Saving tiscali address book

charlton200 07:52 24 Jul 07

Hi,
I use tiscali webmail as my main email, but i don't know how to back up my address book, any ideas please.

ty

P1d 08:49 24 Jul 07

From the quick links drop down menu go to ".address book". Then click on "Settings". On the right hand side beside Select, choose "Export" from the drop down menu. The export options will now be shown, you can only export to Outlook Express format though.

Then click the "Export" button just above the export settings and you will be prompted where you want to save the exported contacts file to. This will then export your contacts into a .csv file which can be imported into most mail client software.

I hope this helps.
P1d

charlton200 10:31 24 Jul 07

I'll give it a go ,

thank you.

charlton200 11:44 24 Jul 07

Can you save your address book to a external hard drive, and then reinstall back into webmail if needed?

ty

P1d 12:41 24 Jul 07

You should be able to. When you choose a location to save the file, choose your external hard drive (or save it to your desktop and move it to your external hard drive), then to reinstall it back into webmail, choose import (instead of export as we did earlier) and locate the file you are importing from (the one saved to your external hard drive).

P1d

charlton200 13:02 24 Jul 07

I did that. i took a couple of address off in my address book then tried to import, but it comeup as an error.

Ty

P1d 13:47 24 Jul 07

What error did you get, I've just exported a list and reimported it with a couple of changes and all worked ok.

P1d

charlton200 18:06 24 Jul 07

Hi P1d
I have found the problem. As soon as i stopped using the download manager and done it through window, it work fine. I can Import and export now, no trouble.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…