Saving threads

Sapins 09:29 20 Jun 04

I used to save threads to a folder I created, now I get the message "the web page could not be saved to the selected location" no matter where I try to save it to.

What do I have to do to save a thread?

AndySD 09:39 20 Jun 04

Just ad an answer to the thread.....

eg post

Just adding to my postings.

Then its in your postings to view at a later date....although this gets problematical when you get huge ammounts in My Postings...lol

spanneress 09:39 20 Jun 04

Just add to it...then you can 'view your postings'..i guess that's the simplest way!

VoG II 09:39 20 Jun 04

click here (maybe?).

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:55 20 Jun 04

Usually this happens when the source is from 2 servers. click here

You can also save the page as a screen capture using Gadwin click here

Also highlight the text, copy and paste into notepad/word. I find this better than 'adding to my postings' as you do not get all the extras such as adverts and graphics and you can file them with titles for easy retrieval.

G

Sapins 10:10 20 Jun 04

Thanks AndySD, spanneress, VoG™ and GANDALF <|:-)> I used to put them in my posting's but as mentioned it was getting a bit on the big side.

Just clicked your link VoG™ and it saved it immediately!

Your last suggestion seems to be the better one for me GANDALF <|:-)> I don't have to mess about with settings. Do you use Gadwin?

I think I will be able to save what I want now, so thanks for all your help,

Regards,

Sapins.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:24 20 Jun 04

Used gadwin for 2 years now...excellent screen copy utility and very configurable.

G

Dan the Confused 10:45 20 Jun 04

How about adding to Favourites?

Forum Editor 11:24 20 Jun 04

that are for use in the magazine, and have not found anything better.

Sapins 11:37 20 Jun 04

Thanks for your suggestion Dan the Confused but I have downloaded Gadwin Screensaver and as Forum Editor says it does the job brilliantly.

We have a little self-help computer group and I have e-mailed the web address to the members.

I also keep trying to get them to register on the forum but I think as they are beginners they are a little wary, but I'll get them on eventually.

Thanks again to all of you,

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 11:38 20 Jun 04

Should have added I'm not much passed the beginner stage myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…