Saving Sky+ Programmes

t160v 12:20 15 Jun 09

I have Sky+ and have recorded loads of films and programmes for the kids.
We are moving house and don't want a Sky dish on our new home but want to keep and watch the programmes we have recorded on the Sky+ box. I'm aware that without the subscription to Sky the programmes recorded on the Sky+ box will not be viewable.
Can I buy a DVD or Disc recorder and plug that between the Sky+ box and tele and record the programmes that way, is there any Sky wizardy that prevents this?
Can I take the disc out of the Sky+ box and stick it in a disk recorder and continue to view the programmes?

eedcam 12:51 15 Jun 09

Hi yes you can record the programmes to a dvd recorder via scart sky is happy with that .All have to be done in real time though and you wont be able to watch anything else on sky whilst doing it

dms_05 16:19 15 Jun 09

I bought a DVD Recorder with a Hard Drive. Using the Sky+ Copy command you can daisy chain a number of programmes to copy (upto the limit imposed by you recorder). I then set up the Copy overnight. Using a DVD/HDD Recorder allows you to copy potentially more than a single DVD. You can then copy them to DVD if you so wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…