saving sky emailI

arrysboy 20:37 19 Oct 10

Iam shortly leaving sky,can I back up my e mails before I get cut off.If so would some kind soul tell me how.

mgmcc 08:47 20 Oct 10

Where are the emails? If you've been using web-based mail, you need to set up a POP3 account with your computer's email program and then download all of your messages with that. If you've already been using POP3, the messages won't be lost when you change ISPs. The problem, if you've been using web-based mail, is that retrieving with POP3 won't get your *sent* messages, only the incoming ones.

If you need both received and sent messages, this could probably be achieved using IMAP instead of POP3, but you need to be careful with this or you could lose the lot. With IMAP, messages remain on the ISP's server and your email program "synchronises" with the server.

dms_05 09:20 20 Oct 10

Your Sky email account will continue to work so you don't need to do anything.

Sky email is a rebranded GMail so you can try looking for how people back up Google Mail if you still want to do so.

arrysboy 09:42 20 Oct 10

Thankyou both for you replies.if sky email still works it will be o.k it was just a few conversations that I wanted to store

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…