saving settings for outlook email accounts

sunny staines 16:32 20 Oct 05

I need some advice please. I will be reformating my hard drive and reinstalling office 2002XP.

MY family email accounts are set up in outlook and I have forgot the settings. Is there a way to back up the settings to a folder and import them back afterwards so that I do not have to set up each email account manually.

DieSse 16:35 20 Oct 05

"MY family email accounts are set up in outlook and I have forgot the settings"

Open up Tools - Accounts - Properties and look up the settings and write them down. It's by far the easiest way.

Jackcoms 16:37 20 Oct 05

Why can't you look at the settings in OE now and make a note of them?

In OE go to Tools; Accounts; Mail.

Click on each account name and look at/make a note of the settings under each heading.

GroupFC 16:46 20 Oct 05

I think you can export the settings (and then presumably import them again). In OE, go to tools>Accounts>mail> and then highlight the account and click export, you get a chance to save it as a .iaf file in a location of your choice.

Mind you I haven't yet had to try this myself!

DieSse 16:53 20 Oct 05

Don't rely on a program to do this - the time you really don't want to find out the program didn't work quite right, is after you've formatted and can no longer look them up!!

GroupFC 16:55 20 Oct 05

Yes - point taken!

sunny staines 18:47 20 Oct 05

thank you all for the tips, I have since been shown how to view the settings by using the "change" button.

by going to tools - email accounts - view - next - change tab - all details displayed for noting down.

panic over

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…